Digitalization is changing supply chains and how customers buy online. These innovations are fostering considerable change in Posts’ strategic objectives by requiring them to increase their predictability, transparency, security and efficiency to meet new customer requirements. In this context, the UPU International Bureau has developed capacity-building and technical assistance projects to coordinate and improve the digital capacity and capability of Posts. The integrated approach of these projects aims to help DOs modernize digital strategies, use all available digital tools and implement digital solutions, which meet e-commerce requirements.
Six goals have been identified in the scope of the digital readiness assessments:
- Enable the digital transformation of postal services;
- Assist a Post in offering digital postal services;
- Encourage digital postal services to accelerate the growth of the national digital economy;
- Assist a Post in providing digital services in partnership with other institutions;
- Improve performance of existing digital services
- Development of digital transformation conceptual frameworks and methodologies as well as knowledge sharing channels.
More details on the digital readiness assessment project can be found below
UPU has completed Digital readiness assessment missions and recommendation reports in the following countries (thanks to funding from France):
To request a Digital readiness assessment or for more details contact the UPU Digital Policies and Trade Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org