As a specialized UN agency and member of the UN family, the UPU is working closely with other UN agencies, funds and programmes, as well as other international bodies, on specific projects and activities of common interest. One of the strategic frameworks used by the UPU is the UN Sustainable Development Goals with the objective of promoting and enhancing the role of the postal networks in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
Some examples of UN and international organizations Partners
- Financial inclusion: UNCDF, World Bank
- Trade facilitation and e-commerce: UNCTAD, WTO, EIF
- Remittances: IOM, IFAD
- Addressing: UN Habitat
- Security and transport: UNODC. ICAO
- Customs: WCO
- Information society and e-services: ITU
- Sustainability and climate change: UNEP
- Disaster Risk management: WMO, UNDRR
The UPU also collaborates with other UN bodies and organizations in specific global initiatives to build on the comparative advantage of each partner.
An example of such initiatives is UNCTAD’s eTrade for All initiative, of which the UPU is a founding partner. The objective of the UPU is to support the implementation of country-level e-commerce strategies that include the Post as a key delivery partner