Postal payment system hosted by the UPU on behalf of operators with all IFS functionalities. The system supports in particular all PosTransfer operations.
The deployment of the application is over the internet, as SaaS (Software as a Service) on the PTC Cloud. With IFS Cloud, it is no longer necessary to install and launch IFS on a local server. This eliminates the cost of acquiring equipment and the maintenance cost.
Another advantage is high scalability and the central management of security. Depending on their needs, the user can access more or less services. IFS Cloud is tailored to the specific needs of each operator.
Users can count on the PTC to automatically update and manage the addition of patches. Users can access it from any connected supported device and any geographic location.
Accessibility is one of the great strengths of this model, and since November 2019 the Postal Technology Centre (PTC) obtained ISO 27001 certification for its Cloud platform.
More information on the PTC ISO 27001 certification.
IFS installed on the UPU/PTC Cloud with:
- International and Domestic modules
- Mobile extension
- IFS Web Services API
- XML interface for EDI files import / export (on request)
- SMS provider integration (on request
Availability and Security
- Private postal cloud hosted in most robust and high availability datacenter in Switzerland
- Secure environment, ISO 27001 certified
- Management and data access only granted to PTC employees with the highest security and confidentiality clearance
- Cloud services accessible through a high secure Web portal
- Application deployment on demand
- Flexibility of testing a different version or configuration of IFS with the pre-production environment
- High availability systems hosting experience, e.g. the POST*Net network
- PTC develop IFS: PTC software engineers know perfectly IFS and have expertise in IFS monitoring to prevent fraud attempts
- Sharing an IFS Cloud will translate into better running costs for all Posts choosing this model with the PTC
- All upgrades of IFS (major versions, service packs, hotfixes), transparent to the operator
- Regular maintenance tasks: in particular, the yearly IFS Archiving
- Infrastructure update with server hardware upgrades and OS upgrades, service packs and security patches
IFS Cloud pricing is designed to tailor every need
IFS Cloud standard package
- Shared hardware platform, but dedicated virtual environments
- Typical contractual engagement is 5 years
- Standard SLA applies: 24x5 for first level support, alerts to 2nd level administrators in case of failure outside of office hours
- One major version upgrade of IFS per year