TradePost Award 2023
The UPU organizes an annual UPU TradePost Award to gather the best practices for trade inclusion and SME growth from within the sector, acknowledge the efforts of the sector in the area of sustainable trade inclusion initiatives and reward the most impactful submissions.
The objective of the UPU TradePost Award is to recognize initiatives of member governments, their Designated Operators (DOs) and CC members in achieving trade inclusion goals, particularly for MSMEs and underrepresented communities through the postal network.
Additionally, the TradePost award can:
- Raise awareness of the UPU and the postal sector's role in trade inclusion of MSMEs and underrepresented communities.
- Show how Posts can enhance opportunities for MSMEs and underrepresented communities to access domestic and global e-commerce markets.
- Promote a culture of excellence, creativity, commitment, quality, and mastery.
- Encourage positive cooperation and competition (coopetition) among postal sector stakeholders, fostering creativity, distinction, and achievement.
- Encourage improvement in the performance of Posts in developing e-commerce and trade inclusion.
- Appreciate and highlight distinguished practices of the postal sector
- Highlight the contribution of the Post towards sustainable development, namely promoting decent job creation and the formalization and growth of MSMEs (8.3); increasing access of SME to financial services (9.3); increasing access to ICT (9.8); and increasing exports of developing countries (17.11).
There are three stakeholder groups from which submissions could be encouraged:
- Government initiative for trade inclusion through the Post: Any governmental initiative to promote ecommerce, the trade inclusion of MSMEs and underrepresented communities through the postal network.
- Postal operator initiative for trade inclusion: Any postal or financial service to promote ecommerce, the trade inclusion of MSMEs and underrepresented communities through the postal network, or any improvement of an existing product or service, whether postal or non-postal.
- Private sector initiative for trade inclusion: Any innovative private sector partnership for postal or financial solutions to promote ecommerce, the trade inclusion of MSMEs and underrepresented communities.
Each submission will be evaluated on three major criteria:
- Category of the initiative: Inclusiveness of MSMEs, underrepresented communities in trade: support business development and trade facilitation for MSMEs, People with Disabilities, Women in trade through the postal channel
- Positive contribution to trade inclusion: The initiatives existing/potential positive contribution at the economic, social, and cultural levels, including but not limited to issues of environment, inclusiveness, and gender.
- Impact: A clearly demonstrated effect and influence at all possible levels (financial, social, environmental)
The following excellence criteria will be used in each award category:
|Opening of submissions|
14 July 2023
|Deadline for submissions|
9 October 2023
|Publish nominated projects|
25 October 2023
|Jury voting (during CA)|
11 November 2023
|Winners awarded @ TradePost Forum|
6 December 2023
How to apply
- The award is open to all UPU member countries, their designated operators and CC members. Organizations who can submit one or more proposals of an already launched project.
- Applicants should explain specifically how they have offering services or implementing governmental initiative to promote the trade inclusion of MSMEs and underrepresented communities through postal network, and the efforts made to promote gender equality and development challenges.
- Organizations should submit their nominations via the ''submit a nomination'' button below
- Proposals shall be submitted online only. Additional supporting documents and other materials (brochures, videos etc..) can be uploaded when completing the online form.
- The projects/initiatives submissions will be sent to the Award Jury for final validation and decision.
- The UPU will assemble an international jury renowned for their achievement and recognized leadership position in the postal sector, trade and SME communities. The UPU will ensure that the panel includes representatives with expertise in trade, sustainable development, inclusion, and postal services.
- The UPU will organize a prestigious Awards Ceremony to honor the winners and highlight their achievements. Invited participants will include policymakers, development partners, industry leaders, and other relevant stakeholders.
- The winners, members of the jury, sponsors, mentors and other high-level participants will be invited to join the Awards Ceremony.
- The awards will be presented by the UPU Director General and/or Deputy Director General.
If you have any questions, please reach out to: email@example.com