Organizational medical and social services for the UPU
This request for proposals concerns the provision of medical and social services for UPU staff members through the performance of the activities defined herein:
- Medical clearance for initial appointments and/or joining the Provident/Pension Scheme;
- Periodic medical examinations of UPU staff members;
- Medical examinations for separation/retirement;
- Preventive healthcare measures;
- Staff information and medical advice;
- Improvement of staff well-being and the work environment in general;
- Provision of individual consultations and assistance in alleviating stressful situations faced by staff;
- Improvement of managers’ responses to personal problems experienced by staff members;
- Bringing to the attention of the UPU Management any major problems with a view to promoting healthy workplace and behaviour.
The UPU wishes to contract the provision of medical and social services for a maximum duration of four years, with a one-year probationary period, with a view to ensuring the well-being of UPU staff by providing them with primary and preventative healthcare and social services.
The deadline for the submission of bids is 16.00 Central European Summer Time (CEST) on 9 November 2020.
Questions and answers
Point 4.2.3 The staff of the Vendor for the social services are required to have recognized training in social services or an equivalent field and at least five years of relevant experience.
- Which occupational groups / job descriptions are required for this service? What is for the vendor an “equivalent field to recognized training in social services”? Can you give us concrete examples?
The relevant education and recognized trainings include but are not limited to the following subjects;
- Mental Health;
- Social Services;
The relevant experience in the social service field relates to the practice in working with:
- vulnerable adults (in social care settings, residential/nursing homes, institutions);
- individuals with disabilities;
- domestic violence victims;
- people with addictions;
- experience in providing counseling in crisis lines (counselling settings or working on a one-to-one basis);
- working in organizations as social worker to promote, advance and empower the health and well-being of the staff;
- experience in giving strategic and expert advices relating to the yearly report and also as required for the UPU’s senior management, directors, HR Directorate and staff association on staffing matters as well as planning/designing/conducting social related programs for improvement of the UPU’s working environment.
Point 4.2.2 d) UPU shall have free access to the social services for individual consultations.
- Can you provide information on the frequency and number of consultation? How long does a consultation last? In what period of time does the consultation have to take place after registration
This statement refers to the social services provided to individual staff members and to the UPU’s managers and relevant services as and when required in promoting staff’s welfare and wellbeing.
The duration of the consultations will depend on the need for such service. The below table shows the number of cases that were treated by the UPU social services for the period from 2011 to 2017.
The consultation (face to face/ virtual) will have to take place within 24 hrs and no later than 48 hours after the case registration.