Automated and secured settlement solution between all Postal Payment Service network partners, hosted by the UPU.
Business partners joining PPS*Clearing benefit from the following advantages:
- Downloading exchange rates from a common source
- Agreement on a common clearing calendar with more frequent clearing events than traditional monthly clearing
- Tracking invoice and postal payment details in a centralized and common system
- Receiving a net balance of payments owed to the settlement bank, or expected from the settlement bank instead of clearing bilaterally with each partner
PPS*Clearing (the Postal Payment Services Clearing system) is based on several components:
- The PPS*Clearing Management application allows clearing house operators to configure the clearing and settlement system, handle invoices throughout their lifecycle, and troubleshoot any problems that occur with any of the processes involved.
- The PPS*Clearing Monitoring component allows business partner users to monitor various parameters in the clearing process, including the clearing calendars, exchange rates and invoices issued and received.