Web-based system providing online reporting for postal payments, hosted by the UPU
Monitor the performance
Quality Control System Finance, or QCS Finance, is a web-based application to monitor the performance of the Postal Payment Service network. It built on a Big Data platform, which takes the form of a distributed file system over several machines.
- Measures the traffic on the Postal Payment Service network
- Checks the postal payment tracking events that are transmitted
- Measures point to point performance (delays between each tracking event)
- Permits measurements against quality standards
- Tracks a particular file or postal payment
- Creates customized reports by writing queries against the raw data (in conjunction with the PTC)
Quality Control System (QCS) Mail and Finance have been fully redesigned to be implemented on the new UPU Big Data platform. QCS provides up to 5 years of online reports, summary and detail reports on operator, regional and global performance.
Big Data Advantages
The UPU Big Data platform offers the following advantages:
- An indexed file system that can run on several machines and will enable massive amounts of data to be retrieved efficiently
- Effective analysis of data files
- Consolidation of data from different sources (EDI messages, log files)