Customs declaration management application used by designated operators and Customs. Web-based system hosted by the designated operator.
CDS is an interoperable customs declaration system, which allows EDI CUSITM and CUSRSP messages to be exchanged between Customs and designated operators so that customs formalities can be completed prior to the arrival of postal items (and ITMATT messages can be exchanged between designated operators).
Customs authorities have the option of using this system directly or interfacing it with their own system for risk assessment and payment of customs duties and taxes.
- Provide a standard out-of-the-box IT system to exchange electronic customs declaration data pre-advice; CDS uses the global standards ITMATT, CUSITM, CUSRSP
- Link with customs Systems (or let customs use CDS directly when they don’t have their own system)
- Ensure affordable pricing: enabling all countries regardless of their development status
- Create a multilateral/global solution: Allow designated operators to instantly exchange with all other countries
- Reducing Handling times and increasing throughput
- Enabling risk management
- Making mail flows more efficient
- Improving communication between designated operators and Customs
- Enhancing the customs clearance process
- Providing a framework for security/other alerts
- Supporting integration with e-commerce systems