The UPU Interconnection Platform (UPU-IP) is the new platform that enables near real-time exchange of postal payment related messages between Designated Operators (DO).
Designed to address the limitations of transmitting asynchronously EDI payment messages via the File Transfer Protocol (FTP), the UPU-IP exposes Web Services for designated operators to interface with their national system.
Register operation on postal payment via API
Record of postal payment operations by national system integrating with UPU-IP Web Service Interface (API), such as: emission, payment, payment on account impossible declaration, cancellation or reimbursement.
Collect postal payment information via API
Tracking and postal payment retrieval operations to check status and details of postal payment and to retrieve in batch mode postal payments, which are to be paid on account.
Automated process on postal payment
Automatic expiration of postal payments, which have past their validity date, allows reimbursement by issuing DO.
Converter to Former M38 EDI format
Conversion and transport of M38 EDI messages to former postal payments platform based on FTP EDI files. DO migrating to the UPU-IP platform can continue exchanging with DO who did not migrate to the UPU-IP.
External systems proxy
Relay postal payment events to external systems, if external system is the reference system (push mode)
The UPU-IP presents the following advantages:
- Urgent service - The paying DO can retrieve the payment as soon as it is issued to the UPU-IP. On demand payout is now possible.
- Payment anywhere - The beneficiary can choose where the payout will take place: at the Post, a sub-agent of the Post, or a permitted external party.
- Centralization - Activities are consolidated in one place.
- All payments are stored in the UPU-IP database.
- The UPU-IP acts as a central switch for real time message routing between designated operators.
- Designated operator can use the Bilateral Agreement Management System (BAMS), an application connected to the UPU-IP, to centrally negotiate, manage and retrieve bilateral agreements details.
UPU-IP benefits from other PTC products:
- BAMS - The UPU-IP interfaces with BAMS for bilateral agreements via online and real time validation of international bilateral agreements between DOs, which are defined and managed in BAMS.
- PPS*Clearing - Postal payments of the UPU-IP that are eligible for clearing feed in the PPS*Clearing application for invoice generation: clearing and settlement of UPU-IP postal payments are available in PPS*Clearing. The UPU-IP also retrieves exchange rate feeds from PPS*Clearing.
- QCS Finance - Postal payment information is available via QCS Finance to allow the application to track and trace postal payments and generate activity and volume reports.
Extension capabilities with possible integration of external solutions
The UPU-IP allows for the integration of solution from DO’s remittance partners. DOs offering postal payment services via local agent can authorize direct connection of their partner solution to the UPU-IP and multiple the available point of sales.
13.04.2021Overview presentation of the main features of the UPU-IP
UPU-IP Fact sheet13.04.2021Guide intended for business managers in charge of implementing secure and accessible postal payment service for a DO, who want to get an overview of the UPU-IP. The guide presents the UPU-IP main concepts and keyed features.
13.04.2021Presentation of UPU-IP and IFS Cloud system and comparison of the features provided by the two systems